THIS SUNDAY ZUMBA FITNESS WITH
NIKI & TEAM ARE GOING TO RUN, WALK, DANCE
TOGETHER AT RACE FOR LIFE!
This Sunday is the day we are taking part in a Race for Life event. Whether you have been before or this year is your first time, here are tips for the day, and if you are not taking part please sponsor us! Let’s try to beat our last years figure of £930.98 go to: http://www.justgiving.com/zumba-with-niki
There is still time to Join!
To enter your place log onto http://raceforlife.cancerresearchuk.org/index.html
Add Trent Park
Select 5K- 15th June 2014 11am
Add your email address and confirm
Fill in your details and click onto create or join a group
Add Group ID KL8960
Group Name: ZUMBAWITHNIKI
A joining fee of £14.99 is then required….It only takes a few minutes ;0)
So SPREAD THE WORD you do not have to be a member to join our team ask your friends to sign up too!
GET YOUR FRIENDS, FAMILY, COLLEAGUES, EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO SPONSOR YOU NOW !!!
Signed up? What to bring
- Your info: remember your back sign and Race number.
- Pin it: safety pins so you can attach your sign and number to you.
- Bag it: bring bags full of unwanted things for our Donation Stations.
- Dress up: think comfortable clothes, a sports bra and trainers. Reebok Zigs are brilliant for running – read previous blog) AND THINK PINK!
- Change it: if you’re getting hot and sweaty, bring clothes and a towel.
- Cheer on: supporters can use our cheering boards (PDF, 593KB).
- Drink up: keep a bottle of water handy to keep you hydrated.
- Be SunSmart: a hat and sunscreen will help protect your skin.
Unfortunately, there are no lockers, changing facilities or showers at Race for Life events, so please bear this in mind and ask friends to look after your valuable belongings, clean clothes and towels.
Event day timetable
- Arrival – one hour before start – 10am
Try and arrive an hour before the start time of your event. There’s no need to check-in on the day, just drop off your Donation Station bag and make your way towards the stage. Meeting at Main Entrance of Trent Park off Cockfosters Road.
- Welcome – 30 minutes before start
Niki will welcome you and share why you are vital for Race for Life.
- Warm-up – 20 minutes before start
Take part in a light aerobic warm-up with all the other participants, to get those muscles ready to unite in the battle against cancer.
- Take your places – 10 minutes before start
Make your way to the walkers, joggers or runners flags, depending on how you are ganging up on cancer.
- Start time – go! – 11 am
The starting signal goes and you’re off with friends and family gathered round to cheer you on. While you’re taking part there will be time for your friends and family to soak up the atmosphere and enjoy the on-site activities before greeting you at the finish line.
- Celebration – after your event
Once you’ve crossed the finish line, you will receive a Race for Life medal from one of our volunteers and some goodies. Stick around afterwards with your supporters to enjoy the activities.
JOIN OUR TEAM HELP FIGHT CANCER!
DETAILS OF EVENT:
Date: Sunday 15th June 2014
Address: Trent Park – Cockfosters Road – Enfield EN4 0PS.
Group ID: KL8960
Unique Reference number: 7626584
We are now asking you to join us again, because when it comes to fighting cancer, the bigger the group the better. Last year we had over 30 members sign up and attend the event with us, so come on guys LET’S DO IT!!! ;0)
See you there peeps ;0)
TEAM x x
Info taken from the Race for life website http://raceforlife.cancerresearchuk.org/index.html